Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Adventures of a young child...

Today, after I got up from sleeping, Jaxon and I took a stroll down to the park behind the elementary school. He held my hand and walked the entire way, his little feet pattering on the sidewalk. I kept looking at how tiny his feet are in his new shoes. Sometimes I just want to scoop him up and not let him get any bigger. When we finally got to the park, I found out they had a merry-go-round, much to my delight! That had been one of my favorite things to do at the park. I could spend hours in the center staring up at a twirling sky. And these things are pratically extinct. You very rarely see them. So imagine how giddy I was when I found out there was one a few blocks away!

So I put Jaxon on it and told him to hold on to the bar. And then I spun him. The look on his face was utterly breathtaking. A mix of surprise, fear, adventure, and straight awe. It was..amazing. He was giggling, throwing his head back and laughing. When it started to slow, I grabbed the bars and ran a bit more, jumping on to sit next to him. He grinned at me like he hadn't a care in the world as we whirled around together. He giggled, I laughed..and I realized this was what being a mother was all about. Those little moments where the world is amazing and still and you just have a wonderful memory to carry away from it. I'll always remember that time on the playground with my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment