Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Double Dog Dare---Review

So I have decided that I am going to go on a quest to find a reasonaly priced (under $15) bottle of wine that I LOVE. In laymans terms this means I am going to try a crap ton of wines! This could be a fun..albeit drunken quest for knowledge..yes..KNOWLEDGE! That's what we are going to call it. I also want to see if I can find out if the best is below a certain amount.

So today while at the store I picked up Double Dog Dare White Zinfendel.

The wine cost me about $2.98. I figured this was a long shot, considering the price..but meh. Why not live on the wild side? So I got it home, popped it in the fridge and let it sit for a few hours to get cold. On a side note, I am a HUGE fan of white zin. I love the sweet blush wines, they make me happy. So I just popped the cork fifteen minutes or so ago, and took my first sip. I'm slightly disappointed. It's..slightly bland. I suppose it could be because it was $2.98. When taking the first sip and swallowing, I was left with a slightly bitter aftertaste. It's still lingering a bit now. But I am wondering if its because I am still sick. Eh, who knows.

Verdict: Won't buy again. Not sweet enough

No comments:

Post a Comment